All GPRO courses are taught by certified GPRO Instructors, who are experienced professionals in the construction industry and well-informed about sustainability issues.
Certified GPRO Instructors are an essential component in the success of GPRO’s mission. By offering their expertise and expressing their passion for sustainability, GPRO Instructors inspire students to improve their work practices, while preparing them to meet the growing demand for healthier, environmentally sustainable, and energy-efficient buildings.
If you are interested in becoming a certified GPRO Instructor, please review the following GPRO Instructor Qualifications:
- A recommendation from a GPRO Delivery Partner
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of the trade-specific module you intend to teach
- A passion for sustainability, knowledge of green building practices and a willingness to further your knowledge in your field
- Experience as a trainer in your respective organization
- Training in adult education
To apply, please fill out a GPRO Instructor Application and return it to your Delivery Partner. If you are unsure of your Delivery Partner Contact, please email GPRO Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is approved, you will be required to participate in a GPRO Instructor Training session (for non-certificate holders), or you will be asked to verify your GPRO certificate and attend a GPRO Instructor Orientation. Urban Green Council reviews instructors on an ongoing basis. While teaching, instructors will be expected to maintain a consistent level of student engagement and performance.